NatWest has improved the efficiency of the process and Consent in which has led to a dramatic reduction in journey time from 27 days to 2 days in some instances.
Serving 19 million customers across the globe, NatWest Group is one of the UK’s leading banks. Operating through several brands the group offers a wide range of products and services to personal, commercial and large corporate and institutional customers.
NatWest looked at ways it could utilise technology to empower its customers to be able to do more, whilst still being able to offer human assistance when needed. NatWest decided to simplify and improve its bereavement notification journey.
“We are very proud of the introduction of Just Click – Notify & Upload. It has given our bereaved customers the ability to notify us and upload documents from the comfort of their own home, without the need to visit one of our branches...”
Several pain points were identified and found to be lengthening journeys and causing customer frustration:
- The journey was a complicated and paper-heavy process that required the customer to either post documents or visit branches.
- NatWest discovered that 14% of its customers had to return to branch more than once as they didn’t bring correct documents on the initial visit.
- An average of five customers per month made complaints regarding missing documents.
Using NatWest’s DigiDocs solution, based on Vizolution’s technology, the bereavement notification journey became fully self-service, and able to be initiated via telephony or in branch. NatWest has improved the efficiency of the process, which has led to a dramatic reduction in journey time, from 27 days to 2 days in some instances.
- Customers could access an easy and fully digital process when notifying NatWest of a bereavement.
Customers could progress their journey in their channel of choice, while receiving personalised support from knowledgeable and empathic staff.
- A seamless gateway to other services was created to streamline customer experience and support for other aspects that take place in the bereavement journey.
NatWest partnered with Vizolution to transform its Bereavement Notification journey, and within three months, it was ready for roll-out. The new journey made use of NatWest’s DigiDocs solution, based on Vizolution’s software to create a service called Just Click – Notify & Upload. As well as fully selfservice, the Bereavement Notification journey can also be initiated via telephony or in branch. As a digital-first proposition, customers can register a bereavement at a time that suits them in a channel they are comfortable with. Throughout the process, customers can photograph and upload the required documents, and receive notifications and updates through their self-service portal in DigiDocs.
"This has made it simpler for them at a difficult time."
Accelerate Turnaround Times