What Is Mobile-Optimization?
Mobile optimization is the process of transforming website content so users can access the site from mobile devices while also having a personalized experience. Optimized content, such as eForms, is user-friendly because it adjusts to fit on a smaller phone screen, is easy to read, and easy to understand. Offering mobile-optimized eForms allow companies to collect customer information faster because customers can complete transactions from wherever they are.
Why We Need Mobile Optimization for Better CX Today
Even before the current pandemic, customers were showing greater interest in completing a wider variety of transactions from their mobile phones. It’s a natural extension of their existing habits: people have gotten used to ordering ride-sharing services, food, and merchandise from their miniature hand-held computers. Why shouldn’t they be able to complete all transactions from their smartphones?
Unfortunately, many industries have not optimized their customer forms for mobile. As a result, customers frequently wait until they get access to a computer with a PDF reader in order to complete forms. As a result, companies have to wait longer to receive vital customer information that they need to move on with the sales or servicing process. Without mobile-optimized eForms, companies risk customers losing interest, or forgetting to fill out the form. In the latter case, it takes even more time for agents to chase customers for their forms.
With COVID-19 and the “Great Lockdown”, more businesses became aware of the need to offer improved digital servicing and sales. Now, industries like banking, insurance, and auto finance are becoming mobile-optimized.
With mobile-optimized solutions, these industries are experiencing positive results from both the business and customer sides:
Banks are able to collect and verify documents on the spot, speed up the application and signing process, co-view agreements and documents, and integrate multiple parts of the company. As a result, the onboarding process has sped up by 33%, the abandonment rate has decreased by 67%, and conversion rates have increased by 25%.
Insurance companies can instantly complete forms and signatures, collect photographic evidence for claims, automate the workforce and enable self-service, integrate multiple parts of the company, and provide a seamless customer experience. Consequently, the average time to settle a claim is 85% lower, touchpoints per policy decreased by 60%, and customer satisfaction increased by 15%.
Auto lenders can collect missing information on the spot, digitize forms and signature collection, verify ID in real-time, secure mobile payments, and create a seamless experience. As a result, the time to funding became 30% faster, completion rates increased by 25%, and time to collect stips decreased by 40%.
But adopting eForms and related capabilities isn’t just good for improving company KPIs; it’s good for the customer experience. We recently surveyed over 1,000 customers on the impact of COVID-19 on their everyday lives and preferences. We found that digital/remote interactions are way more important now than before COVID-19. In fact, two-thirds of customers are more open to trying new digital offerings than they were before the pandemic. Customers developed a taste for digital interactions during the pandemic, and they aren’t ready to go back to “business as usual” if that means clunky forms and mandatory in-person interactions.
How Lightico eForms Work
It’s easy for companies to transition from traditional forms to Lightico’s mobile-optimized eForms. The fields in existing paper or PDF forms can be instantly converted into smart fields, which make it effortless for customers to fill out the form from their smartphone. Here’s how it works:
- Customer receives a text message with a link to a Lightico session, which contains the eForm.
- Customer effortlessly types their information into the fields on their cell phone.
- Customer reviews, signs, and submits the completed form back to the agent in real-time.
- Updated information is synced with the CRM and the eForms are stored securely with a time-stamped audit trail.
Benefits of Mobile-Optimized eForms
With such a simple process like this, customers can complete transactions and submit eForms with a few taps on a phone screen. This eliminates the endless paperwork and trips back and forth or a branch or any physical location. Since this makes the lives of customers easier, they have a much better experience.
Some ways Lightico’s eForms make customers’ and businesses’ lives easier:
- Location-independent: Customers can complete eForms effortlessly right from their mobile devices, no matter where they are. This speeds up processes and avoids the inconvenience of email, snail mail, or in-person visits.
- Synced with your CRM: The eForm solution can be combined with your current CRM using two-way sync data, and with a full audit trail.
- Agent Guided: Agents are available to help customers complete eForms correctly the first time. This eliminates any confusion, errors, and increases completion rates.
- Omnichannel Self Serve: eForms can be integrated with all customer touchpoints (call center, website, IVR, Alexa, or in-store POS device), allowing customers to fill out forms quickly and on their own.
How Lightico eForms Can Impact Business
Not only are eForms simply just easier for customers, but they also help businesses improve by:
- Accelerating sales and services
- Using agent-guided collaboration to confirm that customers get the experience they expect, at any location.
- Teams work faster and better when customers are satisfied and don’t need to be chased.
Learn more about Lightico’s eForm capabilities, along with the full platform of eSignatures, digital payments, ID&V and more at Lightico.com.